RE: [h-e-w] utf-16 on NT Emacs

From: TSchutzerWeissmann
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] utf-16 on NT Emacs
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 14:26:27 +0100

Tom Capey wrote:

>   put file on path and evaluate (permanently by putting in
>   dot-emacs -- will be read on next startup; immediately by
>   placing cursor at right paren and doing C-x C-e) the following
>   expression:
>
> (require 'utf-16)
>
>   Prior to opening a utf-16 file, do a
>   `universal-coding-system-argument' (bound to C-x RET c).
>   choose the relevant le|be dos|unix|mac combinations.

pah! It makes no difference at all, I've tried every which combination
and the file is still riddled with pesky ^@ s.

Any ideas welcome...

Tom
---
"We should excommunicate rich and poor alike - and pretty freely too.
If this power were restored to us we could I think soon put a stop
to by far the greater part of the sin and misery with which we are
surrounded."