Re: [h-e-w] vc-mode with SourceOffsite?

From: Robert
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] vc-mode with SourceOffsite?
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 23:27:28 +0100

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, address@hidden wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Has anyone successfully configured vc-mode to work with SourceOffsite
> client command-line tool, soscmd.exe?  If so, what bits do I need?

I've thought about doing this (I use VSS and SourceOffsite) but I've never
got there! I've found the command line tricky to use and not being at the
administering end found it difficult to get the US folk (who run our
server)to humour me!

Easiest way will be to create another backend along the lines of my
vc-vss.el one (apol if that was already your line of investigation)
and I don't think it would be that difficult if you have the command like
working!

> Failing that, does anyone use emacs as diff and merge tools for
> SourceOffsite client itself? Is there any doc giving advice?

You need to create a batch file to do this - I think and probably you need
gnudoit to invoke ediff. I always had problems getting the file names into
emacs - I'll look at the files I tried, tomorrow when I'm at work and if
there's anything helpful I'll email it on!

Robert Marshall