Re: [h-e-w] Re: emacs/mails general question

From: Chris McMahan
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: emacs/mails general question
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:39:23 -0400

I don't remember from where I downloaded it, but I have a version of
smtp.el that allows authentication. Here's the comments from the
header:

;; Modified by Stephen Cranefield <address@hidden>,
;; 22/6/99, to support SMTP Authentication by the AUTH=LOGIN mechanism.
;; See http://help.netscape.com/products/server/messaging/3x/info/smtpauth.html
;; Changes are marked by comments with "SC: "
;; Note that the added code uses vm-read-password as I use VM to read mail
;; and didn't want to write new code for this.

I can send it to you if you're interested.

 - Chris McMahan