[h-e-w] Emacs 21 selection by mouse causes fast scrolling

From: andrew . maguire
Subject: [h-e-w] Emacs 21 selection by mouse causes fast scrolling
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:31:42 -0400

I know that if I can keep the mouse within a small region of the buffer's
bounds
and rapidly move the mouse then the scrolling is more controlled. But at
Emacs 21
moving outside this area then the scrolling speeds up uncontrollably this
did not happen
at Emacs 20 where it jumped a small percentage irrespective of how far
outside the window
you were.
This reminds of the similar behaviour in Netscape's View Source window,
which makes
selecting regions almost impossible.

I know there are variables, scroll-down-aggressively and
scroll-up-aggressively
plus a few others but I found no settings that slowed down the scroll rate.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andrew