Re: [h-e-w] Re: [h-e-w] emacs geometry

From: pd
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: [h-e-w] emacs geometry
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 07:14:08 -0400

Paul Whitfield writes:
> ÖÜÄþ wrote:
> > you can use this command
> > emacs -g 80X28 -bg black -fg white
> > ^^^^^
>
> The values I have in my registry to set default font and geometry are:
>
> Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GNU\Emacs\Emacs.font
> Value:"-*-LucidaConsole-normal-r-*-*-15-*-*-*-c-*-iso8859-1
>
> Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GNU\Emacs\Emacs.geometry
> Value:120x60
>

> I can not remember the source of this information...

I just use my .emacs file to set my initial geometry.  It's easy to
change, and it's more portable than using the registry.  For example,
I have something like this:

(setq initial-frame-alist '((top . 0)
                            (left . 0)
                            (width . 80)
                            (height . 50)
                            (font . "-*-Courier
New-normal-r-*-*-11-*-*-*-c-*-*-ansi-")
                            (foreground-color . "Black")
                            (background-color . "LightGray")
;;                            (cursor-color "Red")
                            ))
(setq default-frame-alist '((top . 0)
                            (left . 0)
                            (width . 128)