RE: [h-e-w] problem with save-excursion

From: Eli Daniel
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] problem with save-excursion
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 10:32:57 -0400

Are you using transient-mark-mode to highlight the region when the mark is
active?  The docs for save-excursion say:

    This construct does not save `deactivate-mark', and therefore
    functions that change the buffer will still cause deactivation
    of the mark at the end of the command.  To prevent that, bind
    `deactivate-mark' with `let'.

-Eli