Re: [h-e-w] c++ editing , variable name completion

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] c++ editing , variable name completion
Date: 24 Jul 2002 14:35:25 -0500

Besides dabbrev, there is another completion mechanism
which has not been mentioned here and which I believe
is more along the lines of what Paul and Eric are
working on.  Look up the "Symbol Completion" node in
emacs info.  This mechanism is based on tags (which
are derived syntactically depending on the programming
language).

Yet another unmentioned completion mechanism for
regular text is ispell-complete-word.  (Though it does
spell check OK, my own emacs installation of ispell
does not yet seem to be configured correctly to
support this.)

Regards,
  David V.