[h-e-w] fontifying ivascript code inside html code?

From: Max Mazza
Subject: [h-e-w] fontifying ivascript code inside html code?
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 19:08:17 +0200

Hi,
I've the following problem: I'm using htmp-helper-mode.el, and it works fine; but since i write many lines of javascript code, I whish that those code should be threated as the classic "C" code, i.e. with syntax coloring, automatic indentation, parenthesis matching,etc, thing that doesn't happens. If I use .html extension for my script files, I see correct correct syntax coloring for the html code, but none for the java script code i put inside, using the classic <SCRIPT> tag; it appears in the same color (light grey on black), and it's very frustrating for me. If I use the .js or .jsp extension for my files, nothing works at all! I'm not an expert of elisp, so I ask you to help me to solve this little problem. Attached is my .emacs file that I'm currently using. Another thing: to semplify my work, I will use some ASP include files with the <% %> brachets, that will contain script code sxclusively; normally, for those files I use the .ASP extension: how to get those files fontifyed as the my old lovely C/C++ file? :-)
Many thanks, and long live to emacs!
Max

Max "Banjoman" Mazza - The blues/country man!
E-mails: address@hidden
         address@hidden
         address@hidden
         address@hidden

ICQ Number: 134157271

IRC:I use always the nick "banjoman": connect to irc.newplanetnet.net
    and search me on one of the following channels:
    #oasiblu,#dreamsworld,#radiowebnetwork or,
    at last resort, use the command /whois banjoman

Member of address@hidden

Visit my home page at:
http://www.geocities.com/maxbanjoman

Coming soon: www.banjoman.it