Re: [h-e-w] Re: MH and MH-E on Windows NT

From: Peter Davis
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: MH and MH-E on Windows NT
Date: 30 Jun 2002 20:47:51 +0000

John Paul Wallington <address@hidden> writes:
> Peter Davis <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > 2) I'm trying to get MH-E working on the NT system (the one where MH
> >    works), but MH-E is looking for executables called inc, comp, repl,
> >    etc.  On Windows, they're called inc.exe, comp.exe, repl.exe, etc.
> >    Other than modifying the .el files all over the place, is there
> >    some way to get emacs to find the right executables?  I tried using
> >    a symbolic link in Cygwin:
>
> Have you tried customizing `mh-scan-prog' and `mh-inc-prog' ?
>
> (Beware!  I don't know MH-E or Windows)

Actually, I confess ... I solve the second problem.  It turned out to
be (stupid) user error ... I had defined the mh-progs and mh-lib paths
incorrectly.  So MH is partially working on my home system how.  I can
fetch and read mail.  However, I can't reply, partly because I think
some path to the drafts folder is wrong.

The bigger problem is still the first one ... why does inc work on my
home (WinNT) system, but not on my office (Win2000) one?  Surely there
are no differences in the file systems of these OSes.

Thanks,

-pd

--
--------