[h-e-w] MH and MH-E on Windows NT

From: Peter Davis
Subject: [h-e-w] MH and MH-E on Windows NT
Date: 30 Jun 2002 15:04:36 +0000

Earl Hood very kindly posted a Cygwin port of nmh to the comp.mail.mh
newsgroup.  I've gotten this to run on at least one of my Windows
machines with Cygwin, but I have two remaining questions.  If anyone
can help with either of these, I would *greatly* appreciate it.

1) I'm using fetchmail to get my mail from a couple of pop servers and
   put it into a local spool file at /var/spool/mail/pdavis.  Then I
   use (n)mh's inc to incorporate that into my current mail folder.
   This works flawlessly on my Windows NT machine at home.  However,
   when I try this on my Windows 2000 machine at the office, inc
   concatenates all the messages from the spool file into one long
   message.  I can't seem to get inc to parse this correctly, though
   it works perfectly on the other system.  The .fetchmailrc and
   .mh_profile files are the same.

2) I'm trying to get MH-E working on the NT system (the one where MH
   works), but MH-E is looking for executables called inc, comp, repl,
   etc.  On Windows, they're called inc.exe, comp.exe, repl.exe, etc.
   Other than modifying the .el files all over the place, is there
   some way to get emacs to find the right executables?  I tried using
   a symbolic link in Cygwin:

    ln -s inc.exe inc

   which creates a Windows shortcut to the executable, but that
   doesn't seem to satisfy emacs.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

-pd

--