Re: [h-e-w] How do I make Emacs use the Cygwin BASH shell with the "Esc-

From: Andreas Ames
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] How do I make Emacs use the Cygwin BASH shell with the "Esc-x shell" feature?
Date: 21 Jun 2002 11:25:50 +0200

Hi,

David C Hubbard <address@hidden> writes:

> works by default. How do I get the "shell" to work on windows with the
> Cygwin BASH? I installed Cygwin tool set first and then installed
> NTEMACS.

I've also used Cygwin bash for some time but now I'm using eshell (in
emacs 21, see info manual 'eshell').  You could consider this as an
alternative to bash which is portable over all your emacs platforms.
A shortcoming is the lack of extensive documentation despite of the
eshell entries in the emacs wiki.

cheers,

andreas