[h-e-w] Whoops that was supposed to be a Unix file

From: Peter Fraser
Subject: [h-e-w] Whoops that was supposed to be a Unix file
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:17:39 -0400

How do I get Emacs running on Win XP to write a
file out as a unix file not a dos file?
I normally find my self in this position
when the file has had ^M's added to it
and I now need the ^M's removed.

Also I would like to know the inverse as
well. How do I read a file in without
having the ^M deleted?

Or the other possibility, Emacs has decided
that I have a UNIX file and I want a dos
file. (I know I can just add a ^M at the
end of each line and just write the file
for this case).

Peter J Fraser  519 895 1860 x201
Thinkage                519 895 1864 fax
85 McIntyre Dr
Kitchener
On N2R 1H6