RE: [h-e-w] gnuserv and loopback IP address

From: Guy Gascoigne-Piggford
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] gnuserv and loopback IP address
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 14:26:26 -0700

That's not completely true.  If you have a single adapter on NT and you are
disconnected from the network then you stack goes into a non-operative mode
and so 127.0.0.1 stops working.  You can get around this by disabling the
auto net detection (there's a reg entry that I've forgotten to do this) or
by adding a loopback adapter which dodges the issue by always giving you a
network connection that is working.

Guy