Re: [h-e-w] term (ansi-term) and cygwin

From: Benoit ROUSSELLE
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] term (ansi-term) and cygwin
Date: 12 Jun 2002 13:55:23 +0200

"Sprenger, Karel" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Benoit,

Hi Karel,

> For me M-x term fails as it does for you, that is: I get a buffer in

ok so i am not alone ;)

> which nothing happens.  But why would you want to run man in a
> terminal buffer?  In a shell buffer it works just fine, although you

same for me. I need a good terminal emulation because at my work we
use application that are interactive with your terminal, in the same
way "top" is working or man ...

> get the complete manual in your the buffer.  If you don't want that,
> use woman or the regular man (although in that case you would have
> to make sure the man program gets the proper MANPATH).  Less doesn't
> seem to work in a shell buffer, but then again, isn't emacs great
> for browsing in a buffer?

your are right, i don't use a terminal for using man or less i prefer
the emacs way: that was just for example.

--
Benoit ROUSSELLE