Re: [h-e-w] Spam?

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Spam?
Date: 07 Jun 2002 18:26:42 -0500

On Friday, June 07, "Peter Davis" <address@hidden> wrote:
>I post from multiple addresses, and have not had a problem with other
>groups.  Yahoo! makes this particularly easy, since you can register
>multiple e-mail addresses with your Yahoo! ID.

True, but not relevant, since you post to this list by
sending the message to address@hidden
The YahooGroups site is really just another subscriber
for archiving purposes.  (If you want digests, I'd
suggest getting them straight from the list server at
gnu.org also.)

>I think anyone who can read mail at a Yahoo! site (ie, has a Yahoo! ID and
>belongs to the list) can also post from that site.

As things stand now, anyone can post from anywhere; so
qualifying on Yahoo for this fact is unnecessarily
restrictive and potentially confusing.

Regards,
  David V.