[h-e-w] PCL-CVS command work, but not vc commands

From: Jeff Rancier
Subject: [h-e-w] PCL-CVS command work, but not vc commands
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 13:45:05 -0400

Hi All.

If I run PCL-CVS->Update Directory I get something like this in the *cvs*
buffer:

Repository : :pserver:address@hidden:/usr/local/cvsroot
Module     : myprojects/lookup/src
Working dir: h:/cvsdev/myprojects/lookup/src/

In directory .:
              Modified                file1.c

--------------------- End ---------------------
-- last cmd: cvs -f update -d -P --

If I try to run Version Control->Check In/Out on file1.c, version control
thinks it needs to register the file (which is obviously in the repository).
VC then tells me that the file is in fact in the repository, with a message
like:

cvs server: file1.c already exists, with version number 1.8

Can anyone tell me why it's not trying to check in the modified source, as
opposed to register it (when it appears to figure it out anyway)?

My environment info:

Windows XP Pro
NTEmacs 21.2.1

vc customized settings:

 '(vc-cvs-header (quote ("$RCSfile: $ $Revision: $")))
 '(vc-handled-backends (quote (CVS)))
 '(vc-path (quote ("t:/bin/"))))

TIA.
Jeff