RE: [h-e-w] Absolute/relative pathnames under nt

From: Horsley Tom
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Absolute/relative pathnames under nt
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 13:36:47 -0400

> Oops, clearly i meant "this is still no reason for ~ NOT to be substituted

> for the absolute path of the users HOME directory under NT within ntemacs"

But it is (at least for me), I get the ~ substitution all the time
with NT emacs. Maybe there is some upper/lower case or \ / issues
that make emacs think the prefix doesn't match HOME, so it doesn't
do the substitution?

(Actually, I keep meaning to work on a patch to add a variable you could
set to turn off the stupid ~ substitution in the read file name code.
I hate that a perfectly good absolute name gets mangled by having
a ~ replace part of it. Makes it a pain to do things like copy the
dirname out of the minibuffer to mail to someone else, because they
certainly don't know what my ~ is).