Re: [h-e-w] Absolute/relative pathnames under nt

From: Dr Francis J. Wright
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Absolute/relative pathnames under nt
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 12:57:14 +0100

NTEmacs doesn't need the HOME environment variable.  If it's not set then
home defaults to C:\ (or possibly the root of the boot partition).  NTEmacs
also happily accepts the ~ notation.  I regularly access my .emacs file as
~/.emacs.  If you want to check that it works (and check what Emacs thinks
home is) then just run dired on ~.

I guess this means that the manual is wrong.

Francis