RE: [h-e-w] trying to dump emacs

From: Geert Ribbers
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] trying to dump emacs
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 20:53:27 +0200

Unfortunately the exec-directory is set correctly the moment this happens.
The doc-string file fns-21.2.1.el *is* located in that directory.
the site-code.
In this case it is looking for a byte-compiled version of cl.el (the
doc-string seems to have been byte-compiled).
And it tries to find it in ../etc/../.
So that looks like an expand-file-name or concat that got wrong parameters.

The question is then: which variables are used when emacs tries to find the
byte-compiled lisp file containing doc-strings it searches for.
How is emacs composing pathes of byte-compiled lisp-files containing
doc-strings?

Regards, Geert Ribbers