RE: [h-e-w] Problem with Microsoft Visual SourceSafe when using gnuclien

From: Robert Marshall
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Problem with Microsoft Visual SourceSafe when using gnuclient
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 12:37:55 +0100

On Fri, 24 May 2002, Karel Sprenger uttered the following:
> Hi,
>
> Yep, that's a problem all right.  I noticed it also when I had to
> use VSS, but found that with the repository on a network share
> vc-vss.el was a definite pain as it would take ages to checkout
> files.  So in the end, I ignored vc-vss and would checkout through
> VSS (even though I hated it).

Hmm, I see it opens a file with the same name as the file you're
wanting to check out but in the VSS temp directory with the exciting contents:

"Enter a comment; then save and exit."

I got this behaviour by doing
ss checkout -C -I- filename

Looks like a bug in VSS rather than a feature?
Even adding -O- as a flag won't shut it up!

Robert Marshall