RE: [h-e-w] cygwin setup guide / Emacs from Bash Question

From: Sprenger, Karel
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] cygwin setup guide / Emacs from Bash Question
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 08:51:44 +0200

Hi,

In my ~/.bashrc I have the following stuff related to emacs:

INFOPATH='/emacs/info;/usr/info;/usr/local/info'
alias edit='gnuclientw'
alias emacs='INFOPATH=`cygpath --windows --path $INFOPATH`;/emacs/bin/emacs'

Normally, I have emacs already up and running when I open up a Bash shell
window and then I use the edit alias to well edit files :-)  If emacs is not
already running, I use the emacs alias to start it after fixing the INFOPATH
setting so emacs will grok it.   Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Karel