RE: [h-e-w] Current ispell port?

From: Underwood, Jonathan
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Current ispell port?
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 14:09:04 -0400

Hi

If you go to the cygwin website (www.cygwin.com) and click on more software
(http://www.cygwin.com/ported.html) and then "a list of programs built with
the current release", you are taken to the following list of packages built
for cygwin, of which ispell is one of them:

http://www.hirmke.de/software/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Hirmke_Michael
/GNUWin32-links.html

Specifically, the following gives all the info you need:
http://www.hirmke.de/software/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Humblet_Pierre
_A/V1.1/ispell-3.2.06-cygwin-1.3-bin.README

Unfortunately Pierre Humblet doesn't give a cygwin source distribution with
the changes included to do your own build. I've hacked one together, and it
is attached as a tar.gz file. make all followed by make install should do
everything you need. You will need to create the directory /usr/local/man if
it doesn't already exist in your cygwin tree. I'm going to mail this source
archive to the ispell maintainers so they can hopefully add the changes
needed for cygwin to the ispell distribution. Maybe.

Hope that helps

jonathan.