Re: [h-e-w] Fw: Global Font Lock won't enable font lock in compilation m

From: Stephanos Piperoglou
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Fw: Global Font Lock won't enable font lock in compilation mode until I switch windows
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:42:13 +0100

Thanks to people who replied to my question, even though none of the
techniques worked :-(. I ended up adding a hook to explicitly turn on
font-lock mode like so:

(add-hook 'compilation-mode-hook
   '(lambda () (font-lock-mode t)))

...in addition to global-font-lock-mode.

I was hoping for a more elegant solution (or at least a clue as to where
the problem is!) but had no luck coming up with one. Maybe this
qualifies as a bug?

-S.