RE: [h-e-w] Help: NT Emacs and the SendTo menu behaviour...

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Help: NT Emacs and the SendTo menu behaviour...
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:50:29 -0400

Hi Karel:

I tried it again, and I got it working!  The problem was that I was trying
to include window geometry information on the command line (for example, -g
80x43+344+0).  That's how I invoke runemacs, and I tried substituting
gnuclientw for runemacs initially.  The docs seemed to indicate gnuclientw
could handle that, but it cannot, apparently.

Incidentally, I am working on Win2K, but I don't have any file types
associated with Emacs.  Instead, I use a non-MS file manger to invoke
various programs (including Emacs) on files.  But I did add a shortcut to
SendTo, and I'll be adding various Actions to certain file types to add
"Edit with Emacs" on the shortcut menu.

Thanks for your original post and for encouraging me to try it again by
following up.  I apologize for doubting you and for broadcasting this doubt
to the List.  Emacs is great, and you're very helpful.

Raymond Zeitler - Senior Design Engineer
http://www.phonon.com
address@hidden