RE: [h-e-w] Help: NT Emacs and the SendTo menu behaviour...

From: John McCabe
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Help: NT Emacs and the SendTo menu behaviour...
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:46:13 +0100

> To open files in a running instance of emacs, you definitely need
> gnuserv/gnuclient as runemacs is intended (or so I believe) to just start
> emacs.

That's brilliant, but this is *not* what I want!!!!

>  If you follow the instructions I mailed earlier you will be one
> happy user.

I doubt it, because the system will be doing even more things I don't want
it ti!

> Under Windows98 and the like, it might be worthwile to have a
> peek in the registry after setting up the file associations.  I noticed that
> setting file associations through Explorer's Options will force a %1 without
> quotes on the command line entered.  With regedit you can change that to the
> format I mailed, and you should be OK.  As I don't have a Windows98 machine
> around anymore I can't check this, so comments are appreciated.

I don't think it's a file associations issue because, as far as I know,
that's not how the SendTo menu works.

As I said earlier, I don't want to appear unappreciative, but anything
connected with Gnuserv/Gnuclient is totally irrelelevant to the issue I'm
trying to sort out because:

1) I don't have it installed
2) I don't want to install it (especially now I've seen messages on the
newsgroup from people having problems using Emacs 21.2 *with* it
installed)!
Best Regards
John McCabe