[h-e-w] Gnus integration on windows

From: Syver Enstad
Subject: [h-e-w] Gnus integration on windows
Date: 26 Mar 2002 13:57:46 +0100

Hi, I am putting together a package for integrating Gnus with the
windows system. As of today it consists of a Simple MAPI server
implementation that routes Simple MAPI requests to Gnus. This is
useful for getting send to functionality (attachments) in apps running in
windows. Examples are explorer, internet explorer, powerpoint, winzip
and so forth.

The package also features handling mailto and news urls via a combined
solution of registry entries and an elisp file.

For win32 emacs users using other mail programs than gnus: I've
factored out the gnus specific parts of the MAPI server into more or
less one liner Elisp functions so that it should be easy to adapt the
elisp part of the MAPI server to support other emacs mail
applications.

I have not yet put out this newest version, but if people are
interested I can deploy an alpha/beta version so that it can be
downloaded.

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad