[h-e-w] Emacs 21.2, CVS switches...

From: Bill Pringlemeir
Subject: [h-e-w] Emacs 21.2, CVS switches...
Date: 25 Mar 2002 11:23:43 -0500

I liked the `vc-directory' function in 21.2, it displays
sub-directories on the same screen.  I don't recall 20.xx doing this.
However, it lists files as modified when they aren't.  These files
didn't show up with 20.7 (at least to my memory).  Did the CVS
switches change between versions.  I maybe using an older version of
CVS (doesn't look like it from "www.cvshome.org"),

   Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11 (client)

   Copyright (c) 1989-2000 Brian Berliner, david d `zoo' zuhn,
                           Jeff Polk, and other authors

   CVS may be copied only under the terms of the GNU General Public License,
   a copy of which can be found with the CVS distribution kit.

   Specify the --help option for further information about CVS

I think that these executables came with an WinCVS distribution.  I
compiled them myself.  Can I peek at the switches/command line that a
process has been invoked with?  Or does anyone happen to know what
might be a value for `vc-dired-listing-switches'?

Running "v =" on the file and ediff-revision says that the files are
the same.  All of the three time-date stamps look sane and my local
file is read-only.

Thanks,
Bill Pringlemeir.