Re: [h-e-w] Help - Errors compiling with emacs possibly due to '/'

From: Dr Francis J. Wright
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Help - Errors compiling with emacs possibly due to '/'
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 13:44:31 +0000

Hambut Frumblefoot wrote:

> Whenever I try and compile from within Emacs I get the following type
> of error:
>
> ---Start Error
> cd e:/cygwin/home/unknown/
> cd e:/cygwin/home/unknown/ && gcc -c -gnatq e:/cygwin/home/unknown/test.adb
> Too many parameters - /CYGWIN
>
> Compilation finished at Fri Mar 08 22:43:20
> ---End Error
>
> It looks like the '/'s should be converted to '\'s, but aren't.

A similar problem arises when running TeX in a tex-shell buffer using an
MS shell (without AUCTeX).  It's the cd that fails, which is one of the
things that is fixed by my msdos-tex-shell package, available from
http://centaur.maths.qmul.ac.uk/Emacs/.  You could presumably use some
similar code to solve your problem.  However, I don't think MS shells
will accept the && syntax either, so this might be harder to fix than
tex-shell!

Francis

--

Dr Francis J. Wright              | mailto: address@hidden
School of Mathematical Sciences   | tel: (020) 7882 5453 (direct)