Re: [h-e-w] ssh2

From: Matt McClure
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] ssh2
Date: 08 Mar 2002 11:05:48 -0500

On Fri Mar 08 2002, 09:52, Stephen Leake
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Also right. However, on Debian Linux, ssh will prompt for a passphrase
> when running under Emacs. So something is different under NT/Cygwin.
>
> Here's how I start up Emacs to use ssh on Windows NT:
>
> bash $ ssh-agent bash
> bash $ ssh-add
>         <provide passphrase>
> bash $ emacs &

How do you start ssh-agent and emacs on your Debian machine?

--
Matt
http://www.faradic.net/~mmcclure/

    "I tried hard to concentrate on defense once, but all I did was
     hurt myself.  I was terrible.  But I was as good as Larry
     [Bird].  That man couldn't guard a chair.  I loved Larry.  I made
     the mistake of going drinking with him one time.  He did nothing
     but drink Budweiser the whole night.  Any man who drinks Bud the
     whole night can drink."
        -Charles Barkley