Re: [h-e-w] ange-ftp broken in 21.1?

From: Dr Francis J. Wright
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] ange-ftp broken in 21.1?
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 15:30:48 +0000

Randy Kerber wrote:

> Is there an accepted FTP standard as to what commands like "ls /" and
> "ls" are supposed to return?  I'd like to be able to refer to a website
> that backs me up when I call tech support again.

You might like to take a look at

http://search.ietf.org/rfc/rfc0959.txt

and perhaps at some of the RFCs that it references.  I found this by
searching the RFC index at

http://search.ietf.org/rfc.html

backwards, for the latest document.  However, RFC 959 refers to the
protocol, and you are talking about the user interface for ftp clients,
which is probably less standard.  Nevertheless, you might find some
ammunition in the relevant RFCs.

Good luck!  Francis