Re: [h-e-w] cua-mode and comment-region

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] cua-mode and comment-region
Date: 22 Feb 2002 20:11:44 +0100

"Daniel Hegyi" <address@hidden> writes:

> > > My problem is not just the comment-region. When I type M-x
> > > describe-key and press C-x C-l it tells me that this keybinding runs
> > > the command downcase-region. When I do it on a selected region,
> > > however, it cuts the selection and recenters the screen, even if I hit
> > > the keys very quickly.
> > >
> > > Has anybody experienced similar problems?
> > >
> > > Daniel
> > >

> >The cua documentation also says:
> >- use the SHIFT key with the prefix key, i.e. C-X or C-C
> >
> >So you could try C-S-x C-l (means control-shift-x control-l)
> >This works for me.
>
> I know that this works, but the doc says that:
> ;; - press the prefix key and the following key within 0.2 seconds), or
>
> This would be the most attractive solution, but it's not working in my
> setup. Does it work for you?

It's been a while since I've used the windows version (lucky me :-)
If I recall correctly, NTemacs doesn't support sub-second timers
with sit-for.  That might have changed with emacs 21.1.

Take a look at the variable CUA-mode-inhibit-method -- the setting
should be 'twice for the above functionality to work.