RE: [h-e-w] How to use the menubar with keyboard?

From: Nascif Abousalh-Neto
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] How to use the menubar with keyboard?
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 12:55:00 -0500

You may want to take a look at the tmm package.
In Emacs 21.1 (I believe that in 20.7 as well) it can be accessed by the keybind M-`

M-` runs the command tmm-menubar
   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `tmm'.
(tmm-menubar &optional X-POSITION)

Text-mode emulation of looking and choosing from a menubar.
See the documentation for `tmm-prompt'.
X-POSITION, if non-nil, specifies a horizontal position within the menu bar;
we make that menu bar item (the one at that position) the default choice.

;;; tmm.el --- text mode access to menu-bar

;; Copyright (C) 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001
;;   Free Software Foundation, Inc.

;; Author: Ilya Zakharevich <address@hidden>
;; Maintainer: FSF

;; This file is part of GNU Emacs.