Re: [h-e-w] cua-mode and comment-region

From: Daniel Hegyi
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] cua-mode and comment-region
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 15:52:39 +0000

"Daniel Hegyi" <address@hidden> writes:

> My problem is not just the comment-region. When I type M-x
> describe-key and press C-x C-l it tells me that this keybinding runs
> the command downcase-region. When I do it on a selected region,
> however, it cuts the selection and recenters the screen, even if I hit
> the keys very quickly.
>
> Has anybody experienced similar problems?
>
> Daniel

The cua documentation also says:
- use the SHIFT key with the prefix key, i.e. C-X or C-C

So you could try C-S-x C-l (means control-shift-x control-l)
This works for me.

I know that this works, but the doc says that:
;; - press the prefix key and the following key within 0.2 seconds), or

This would be the most attractive solution, but it's not working in my setup. Does it work for you?

Daniel