Re: [h-e-w] Template creation

From: Rajesh J Advani
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Template creation
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 19:36:57 +0530

Hi.
Sorry for the late reply, but was caught up with work. Haven't been watching
this list for a couple of days.

What I expect as a result of the entire exercise, is that I can copy the
piece of text I wish to use as a template into my *scratch* buffer, add (P ""
clause) tags wherever I wish to put variable text, and then run a command on
that region, which will make a tempo-template-mytemp function for me, which I
can run with some keybinding I have.

I hope you got what I'm trying to say. My templates are many, and
short-lived. But they are reusable enough for me to want to go to the trouble
of finding an emacs solution to typing them again and again.

Today I'll use

<sometag value="(variable text)">

Tomorrow it'll be

if (some clause) { Some code }

and so on and so forth.

So if I could get a function to make templates out of static text, that would
be nice.

TIA,

--
Rajesh J Advani