[h-e-w] EMACS Weirdity

From: Chris Withers
Subject: [h-e-w] EMACS Weirdity
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 11:22:18 +0000

Right, this one is odd :-S

Here's my system info:

Windows NT 4 Sp 6a
EMACS 20.7 & 21.1
WebDrive 5.1 (http://www.webdrive.com)
Web server running Zope 2.5.0 (http://www.zope.org)

Basically, when opening certain types of object (Python Scripts) via WebDAV from
the server using WebDrive (nifty prog. that makes a WebDAV connection appear
like a Windows drive) in EMACS, I only get half the file or so.

I've run up a packet sniffer and the server is sending the complete content to
WebDrive with the correct content length, etc, and, more bizarely, these objects
seem to open fine in other editors, just not EMACS. More bizarely still, if I
open it up in another editor first, the object will then open up fine in EMACS.

I was wondering if you had any ideas or at least ideas on how to find out what's
going on here?

Hope you can help...

cheers,

Chris