Re: [h-e-w] FW: Niggling file problems

From: andy . ling
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] FW: Niggling file problems
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 14:24:53 +0000

> As for my final problem with using abbreviations for filepaths, I suppose
> I will have to rename the find-file function and attempt some lisp to
pass
> a converted filepath to it. What I am hoping to do is find a way of
> including say a # character into the find-file function so that it
invoked
> an abbreviation list lookup and substituted the filepath e.g. my1#
> filename could become
> /address@hidden:/users/someone/very/long/path/name/filename

Why not use environment varibles for this. You can have something
like the following in your .emacs file :-

(setenv "my1", "a long file path")

then when find-file asks for a file you can use :-

$my1/filename

HTH

Andy Ling                         email: address@hidden
Quantel Ltd.                      Tel:   +44 (0)1635 48222
Turnpike Road, Newbury Berks UK. RG14 2NE