[h-e-w] highlight, copy, paste with keyboard

From: Scott Goldstein
Subject: [h-e-w] highlight, copy, paste with keyboard
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 18:44:52 -0500

I would like to be able to highlight a region, copy, and paste it without
using the mouse.

I've tried transient mark mode, but it has some annoying side effects. For
instance, if you highlight a region with the mouse and then continue to move
the point with the keyboard, the highlighted region grows.

Any suggestions on how to highlight a region with the keyboard?

Thanks.

Scott

"Just a mirror for the sun...
 My smiling eyes are just a mirror for the sun."