[h-e-w] cvs interfaces

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: [h-e-w] cvs interfaces
Date: 06 Feb 2002 13:57:40 -0500

"Richard M. Heiberger" <address@hidden> writes:

> How does your set of functions compare to PCL-CVS, the system that
> is on the Tools menu in emacs 21?

I have not kept up with PCL-CVS, but when I started using CVS with
Emacs about 5 years ago, PCL-CVS was too slow on my machine; the lisp
processing took as long as the CVS processing. Also, there did not
appear to be a mode that did exactly what I wanted; I wanted it to
show me a list of all the files that needed some attention, either
update or merge or delete or whatever.

So I wrote sal-cvs. It is simpler, and therefore faster, than PCL-CVS.
It does everything I need for CVS.

I should read the info for pcl-cvs, and try it on my current machine.
When I get a Round Tuit :).

--
-- Stephe