Re: [h-e-w] Regexp

From: Harald . Maier . BW
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Regexp
Date: 04 Feb 2002 20:35:17 +0100

"Jeff Rancier" <address@hidden> writes:

>> (setq auto-mode-alist (cons '("makefile\\.\\(.*\\)" . makefile-mode)
>> auto-mode-alist))

> If I comment out the line, emacs loads file.  If I load emacs with the line
> commented out and then evaluate it, it does work. Is there a way I can debug
> my .emacs to figure this out?

  emacs -debug-init

But this debugs only the lisp level. If you activate this you will get
an lisp backtrace. But did you not have an core dump if you activate
the lines before?  If so then you need to start a real debugger such
as gdb or other things. Maybe you can send the complete .emacs file to
the list if it is invokable by other people.

Harald