RE: [h-e-w] full pathname in title bar

From: Ben Key
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] full pathname in title bar
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 00:23:46 -0500

I spent some time today researching this very topic.  I think you might find
the solution I came up with to be pretty elegant and useful.

  ;; Set up title bar so that it has the following format
  ;; {BufferIdentifier} - address@hidden
  ;; where
  ;; {BufferIdentifier} is
  ;; a) the name of the open file if the buffer is associated with a file
  ;; b) The current directory if in dired mode
  ;; c) The buffer name otherwise
  ;; {ProgramName} and {ComputerName} are self explanatory
(setq frame-title-format
  '((buffer-file-name "%f" (dired-directory dired-directory "%b")) " - "
invocation-name "@" system-name))