[h-e-w] Re: transient-mark-mode

From: Geert Ribbers
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: transient-mark-mode
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 10:37:20 +0100

Hi.

I work with transient-mark-mode all the time since I use cua-mode to get
Windows "feel".
For remembering positions I use bookmarks.
Call the place to remember a (e.g.), evt. the other place b, and it gets
very simple to toggle between places.
For convenience I have set keys to the bookmark-functions:
  (define-key global-map           (kbd "C-c s")         'bookmark-set)
;; bookmarks: set and jump
  (define-key global-map           (kbd "C-c j")         (lambda ()
(interactive) (bookmark-menu-jump (list 'menu-bar))))

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 02:13:42PM -0500, Scott Goldstein wrote:
> I'm trying out transient-mark-mode because I want to be able to highlight
text
> with the keyboard.
>
> One annoyance though, is the inability to set the mark and then return to
it
> using C-X C-x.  I would like to be able to save a location in the buffer,
look
> around someplace else for a while, and then return to the saved spot.
>
> Is there any built in way to do this using transient mark mode?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Scott

Regards, Geert