Re: [h-e-w] 21.1, PSGML mode

From: Jeff Rancier
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] 21.1, PSGML mode
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 15:51:28 -0500

I have the following in one of my XML documents:

<!--
Local Variables:
mode: xae
sgml-indent-step: 2
sgml-indent-data: t
sgml-set-face: t
sgml-insert-missing-element-comment: nil
End:
-->

I downloaded 1.2.4 BTW.  Even though sgml-indent-data is set to true, the
menu-bar item is set to nil.  So everytime I load a file, I need to reset
this field.  Then indentation works.

It is defined in psgml.el as follows:

(defvar sgml-indent-data nil
  "*If non-nil, indent in data/mixed context also.
Setting this variable automatically makes it local to the current buffer.")
(make-variable-buffer-local 'sgml-indent-data)

I'm assuming those variables are saved in the file to be read when the file
is loaded.  Is this a bug?  I'd rather not modify the original source.  I'm
also assuming if I change the nil to true and re-byte-compile, it will be
OK.

Thanks,
Jeff