Re: [h-e-w] diary entries

From: Jeff Rancier
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] diary entries
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:00:32 -0500

Thanks Karel.  I read the wrong FM (that's not a Field Manual).  I found
most of what I needed in the generic Emacs manual, I didn't find it in the
NTEmacs FAQ.  I was able to acheive what I wanted by using the
diary/calendar sexp's in my diary file, specifically:

%%(diary-remind '(diary-anniversary 01 18 1926) 1) Granny's Birthday
%%(diary-remind '(diary-anniversary 01 18 1926) 2) Granny's Birthday
%%(diary-remind '(diary-anniversary 01 18 1926) 3) Granny's Birthday

The only this about this is it's ugliness, i.e. having to specify each of
the entries.  Too bad there wasn't a method to say, for each of my entries,
remind me 3 days in advance, for example.

I don't typically use any keystroke in the calendar; I have it start in my
.emacs.  I view it, then kill it.  I also use the diary as a TODO list, by
specifying a date of: */*/*.  Is there a better way?

Thanks again.
Jeff