[h-e-w] Re: mailcap file and filename/type associations for Windows 95

From: mathias
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: mailcap file and filename/type associations for Windows 95
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 14:33:21 -0800 (PST)

> > audio/*; start "" %s
> > image/*; start "" %s
> > text/html; start "" %s

> Why do you have "" in each start command?  It seems to work
> without 'em.

He probably has them there because of how the start command works. Here is
what my Windows 2000 box says:

D:\>start /?

Starts a separate window to run a specified program or command.

START ["title"] [/Dpath] [/I] [/MIN] [/MAX] [/SEPARATE | /SHARED]
      [/LOW | /NORMAL | /HIGH | /REALTIME | /ABOVENORMAL | /BELOWNORMAL]
      [/WAIT] [/B] [command/program]
      [parameters]

    "title"     Title to display in  window title bar.

Very peculiar way of settings the title I think but that's the way it is. So
what
he seems to be trying to do is to get sure that if there are any
'"' in the %s (filename) start will not interpret that as the title.

My two cents anyway...

/Mathias