[h-e-w] gnus and telnet

From: Harmon, Tony T
Subject: [h-e-w] gnus and telnet
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 13:29:10 -0600

All,

I'm pretty new to emacs, at least new to using it on a more full time basis. I have moved to version. 21.1 and am a little lost. Anyway. I tried putting my nntp server in the paths.el and byte-compile and load, but when I start gnus it says it can't open nntp:news. Any help there? Also in 20.7.1 there was an option to exit gnus and save. Is that automatic now in 21.1?

Also, is there a 'built in' telnet for emacs? I have to telnet to the aix box now instead of Exceed and when I do alt x telnet it fires up the nt telnet window. I would prefer to stay within emacs if I can.

Thanks,
Tony Harmon

(785)435-2419

"The average golfer's problem is