[h-e-w] grep-find quoting and nt emacs 21.1

From: Christine Burr
Subject: [h-e-w] grep-find quoting and nt emacs 21.1
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 11:23:34 -0500

Hi,

I finally broke down and upgraded Emacs from 20.4 to 21.1 using the
binary distribution. Pretty much everything is working fine but I'm now
having problems using grep-find since all the \'s in the command line
are getting quoted as \\ which seems to disagree with the Cygwin find
command. I'm using the same version of cygwin bash (2.02, I think) as I
was before and the same .emacs file, so what is likely to have changed
in 21.1 to cause this to happen? Help, please! (I'm running Win2k if
that matters.)

Chris