Re: [h-e-w] Re: Gnus, anyone?

From: Michael Campbell
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: Gnus, anyone?
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 15:40:11 -0800 (PST)

--- Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > No it is not. It just doesn't cost any money to download the
> > > compiled program.
> >
> > It seems that it is.
> >
> > >From the "Ordering" page (http://www.pmail.com/manuals.htm)...
>
> An unfounded claim that something is free does not make it so.

I'm sorry, this seems to be fairly founded.  Unless there's something
about these I'm missing.

===
>From http://www.pmail.com/overviews.htm

"Pegasus Mail: Pegasus Mail is a free, standards-based electronic
mail client suitable for use by single or multiple users on single
computers or on local area networks."

===
>From http://www.pmail.com/overviews/ovw_winpmail.htm

"... and much more. The program is free - download it and see if it
has the features you need. "

===
>From http://www.pmail.com/downloads.htm

"Pegasus Mail and Mercury are free software packages, provided as a
service to the broader Internet community."

===
>From http://www.pmail.com/manuals.htm

"Pegasus Mail is free software - anyone may use it without
restriction, other than for the sending of unsolicited commercial
e-mail (or spam) which is prohibited in our license"

===
>From http://www.pmail.com/faqs/faqs_wq.htm

"How much does Pegasus Mail cost to register? Nothing - the software
is free. You can license manuals for the program if you wish, but
doing so is optional."