[h-e-w] Disappearing frame

From: andy . ling
Subject: [h-e-w] Disappearing frame
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 15:02:51 +0000

Running NT Emacs 21 on win2K I occasionally loose one of the frames.

I use a "virtual desktop" program which I assume works by forcing some
frames to minimise as youswitch desktops.

I normally run Emacs with two editing frames and then a compilation
window as a smaller "special" frame.

Sometimes, after switching desktops, the compilation frame doesn't
appear. Clicking on the icon on the task bar doesn't make it appear.
I get the feeling it has been given co-ordinates that are way off
the screen.

Sometimes "tiling" the windows makes it appear, but usually I just
close it and let another one open when I do the next compile.

It has once happened to one of the edit windows, but it is
usually the compilation window.

I have never seen this happen with Emacs 20. So it is a new
feature that has been introduced.

Andy Ling                         email: address@hidden
Quantel Ltd.                      Tel:   +44 (0)1635 48222
Turnpike Road, Newbury Berks UK. RG14 2NE

<<--
This e-mail is intended for the named addressees only.  Its contents
may be privileged or confidential and should be treated as such.  If
you are not an intended recipient please notify the sender immediately;
do not copy, distribute, or take any action based on this e-mail; and
then delete it. In the pursuit of its legitimate business activities
and its conformance with relevant legislation, Quantel Ltd. may access
any e-mail (including attachments) it originates and receives, for
potential scrutiny.

Check out Quantel's new website, packed full of information, at :
http://www.quantel.com