[h-e-w] trouble printing

From: Drew Adams
Subject: [h-e-w] trouble printing
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:50:59 -0800

I need some help printing a simple buffer (plain text). I'm using Emacs 20.7
on Windows NT.

With a virgin (-q option) Emacs and the standard library lpr.el loaded, and
variable printer-name defined (e.g. "\\\\foo\\bar" or "//foo/bar" - they
both give the same result), this is what happens:

The printer is recognized OK. The banner page prints OK. Instead of the
buffer being printed, however, I get the following error message printed
(see below), where "xxxxx" is the first word in the buffer. Apparently, the
contents of the buffer are being interpreted as PostScript commands.

Any suggestions?

PostScript Error Handler

Offending Command = xxxxx
Error = nametype : undefined