Re: [h-e-w] rsh & NTemacs21

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] rsh & NTemacs21
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 09:49:51 +0530

> > I'm not able to connect to a remote m/c as i keep getting this
error
> > M-x rsh
> > Open rsh connection to host:  -l sivaramn myhost "pwd"
> >
> > I get a buffer with the following
> > rsh host [-l user] cmd
>
> This is telling you that you should do "myhost -l sivaramn" rather
> than "-l sivaramn myhost", I think.

Hello,
Sorry for the delayed reply. That didn't work either. It still says
the same
thing. The thing is, why is it saying (Telnet: No process) in the
mode line??
I'd think that it should say something about rsh.exe which is there
in system32 dir
or something like that. rsh seems to work fine from the command
line.
How do I find out which program is executed which I invoke M-x rsh
<RET> 'myhost -l userid cmd'
And has anybody got this to work on NT SP6 without using cygwin?

regards,
Sivaram